ROCKWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT POSTING
“We do whatever it takes to ensure all students realize their potential.”
Rockwood School District
- Possesses or is eligible for Missouri Superintendent Licensure
- Possesses other qualifications as specified and required by the Board of Education
Consultant Assisting the Board:
Dr. Kevin J. O’Mara email@example.com 708-516-0793
- The Board of Education of the Rockwood School District is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the next superintendent beginning July 1, 2022.
- The Rockwood School District is among the best public school districts in Missouri and in the nation.
Rockwood students are renowned for their achievements. The district’s 33 schools and supporting programs collectively make up one of the highest-performing school districts in the country.
Rockwood students continually perform at high levels in the content areas of Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies on state assessment tests.
In 2019-2020, Rockwood offered 31 different AP courses. Eighty percent of Rockwood AP students earned a 3 or higher on their exams, compared to 65 percent in the state of Missouri.
On the ACT, Rockwood students averaged a composite score of 23.6 for the 2019-2020 school year, outperforming the state average of 20.7. The percentage of Rockwood students that meet all four College Readiness Benchmarks as defined by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education routinely outpaces the state average by a significant margin. Rockwood students from all four high schools routinely score a perfect 36 on the ACT.
All four Rockwood high schools received top rankings by U.S. News & World Report on the “2020 Best High Schools” list. More than 17,000 public schools were ranked on six factors based on their performance on state assessments and how well they prepare students for college. In the state of Missouri, Lafayette ranked seventh, Marquette ranked ninth, Rockwood Summit ranked 10th, and Eureka ranked 11th.
Niche.com, a website that helps families discover schools and neighborhoods recently revealed its top public high schools, and all four Rockwood high schools made the list. According to Niche, Lafayette ranked third in the state, Marquette ranked sixth, Rockwood Summit ranked eighth, and Eureka ranked 10th.
Each year, up to 30 Rockwood high school seniors earn their associate degree at the same time as their high school diploma through the Early College Partnership, a joint venture between Rockwood and STLCC-Wildwood. Students enter the two-year program before their junior year of high school and take dual-enrollment courses in order to earn their associate degree and get an early start on their future.
Rockwood believes in the importance of character education to support the social, emotional and ethical development of students. Because of their efforts in character education, two Rockwood schools — Geggie Elementary and Woerther Elementary — were named 2021 State Schools of Character by Character.org (formerly the Character Education Partnership).
The Bosons robotics team from Eureka High qualified to compete in the FIRST Robotics World Championships in Houston, though it was eventually canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They qualified by being the first pick in the winning alliance in the state competition at Missouri S&T University. Six robotics teams from all four Rockwood high schools advanced to the state competition in 2020, reinforcing the district’s commitment to STEM education and providing fun, challenging hands-on experiences for students.
- We educate nearly 21,000 students: pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 and have 19 elementary schools, 6 middle schools, and 4 high schools. We have separate campuses for Gifted and Early Childhood. We serve students including all or part of: Ballwin, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Ellisville, Eureka, Fenton, Wildwood and Winchester.
Our Teachers and Staff
- Over 3,500 staff
- 81% have a Master’s degree or higher
- Average 14 years’ experience
The Board will offer a regionally competitive compensation package
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- All dates to be determined.
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.