The Moline-Coal Valley SD #40 has selected Dr. Rachel Savage as their new superintendent. She is currently middle school principal in Waterloo Community Schools, Waterloo, IA.
AITKIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS #1
AITKIN, MN 56431
THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH
306 2nd St. NW
Aitkin, MN 56431
- Aitkin High School
- Rippleside Elementary
- Early Childhood and Community Education programs
- Alternative School
Aitkin, Malmo, Palisade, and Glen
Hold or be eligible for the Minnesota Superintendent License
Successful Administrative Experience
- Financially secure and stable
- All negotiated contracts completed
- Building renovation for 2018 almost complete
- The 2017-18 District Enrollment was 1140 students K-12
- Currently offering 15-20 CIS classes
- Restaurant C culinary Program recently honored
- Regionally recognized music and performance programs
- Strong community support, for academic program needs and athletic and Booster Clubs
- Junior Achievement Program, with community business involvement, supporting classroom activities and enhancing student engagement
- Significant growth in MCA math scores
- Many student activities, clubs, and athletics
- Strong Special education programs, including DAPE
- Updating facilities for increased student interaction, math and science labs, and special education rooms
2019 Operating Fund Budget: $17,202,000 and a $3,000,000 bond passed in addition
Completing Phase I of renovations
Organizational/Union Affiliation of Teachers:
Education Minnesota-Certified Staff and Paraprofessionals
IUOE-Custodians and Bus Drivers
Search Calendar: (The Board Reserves the Right to Adjust the Schedule)
- Accepting Applications Through: January 5, 2019
- Selected Candidate Names Taken to the Board: January 21, 2019
- Board Interviews: 5:30 pm January 22 & 23, 2019
- Second Board Interviews January 29, 30, 31, 2019
- Board Action on Superintendent: After contract negotiated
- Superintendent Start Date: July 1, 2019
Apply for the Position through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website
Submit Required Credentials through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website
Applicants are asked not to contact School Board members directly.
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
Saginaw Township Community Schools
The Saginaw Township Community Schools Board of Education is seeking an inspiring and engaging educational leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools. This is an exceptional opportunity for a leader who is looking to join a district committed to maximizing every student’s educational and social-emotional growth.
The District’s Schools and Points of Pride
The school district provides a comprehensive prekindergarten through 12th grade educational program for approximately 4750 students in five elementary, one middle and two high schools. The district enjoys strong support from the community and parents are actively involved in the education of their children.
- Sherwood Elementary- Grades K-2
- Westdale Elementary- Grades K-2 and Young Fives
- Arrowhead Elementary- Grades 3-5
- Weiss Elementary- Grade 3-5
- Hemmeter Elementary- A K-5 magnet school serving academically gifted and talented
Each of the elementary schools offers a core curriculum of mathematics, English/language arts, science and social studies. Students also benefit from art, music and physical education programs. The district is focused on integrating technology throughout the curriculum. A full day kindergarten program is also provided.
Enrichment programs include science and art exploration days, the Everybody Counts program, character education programs, nature camp trips, and Destination Imagination Teams, among others.
- White Pine Middle School
White Pine Middle School has been nationally recognized as a “School to Watch”; recognizing its well-rounded and supportive programming. It was also recognized by the Michigan Association of School Boards for service learning. White Pine features the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme and also offers “Learning Communities” that have three to four teachers working with 80-120 students. Supplementing the core curriculum are classes in drama, art, industrial technology, STEM, music and world languages. Accelerated classes are also available.
- Heritage High School
Heritage High School has advanced accreditation and offers a comprehensive academic program. In addition to the core curriculum, Advanced Placement classes are available in the areas of social studies, English/language arts, mathematics, science and world languages. Heritage also offers an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Over 50% of Heritage students take AP or IB courses. Heritage offers band, choir, strings and orchestra, theatre, industrial arts as well as French, Latin, and Spanish world languages. The school also offers an outstanding athletic program which is consistently successful at the league, regional and state level, including multiple state championships.
- Mackinaw High School
Mackinaw High School offers a high school completion program for students 16-19 years of age. It offers an innovative blended learning program designed to meet the learning needs of alternative students with flexible scheduling that includes individualized and group instruction. Students must demonstrate proficiency to earn credit.
- Approximately 580 total staff
- Approximately 270 Certified Teachers; 220 hold a Master’s Degree or higher
- Enrollment 4,780
- Percent Free and Reduced Lunch 47%
- Teacher/Student Ratio 1:20
- ELL Students 120
- Students with IEP’s 690
The District’s Finances (2017-18)
- Annual Budget $45 Million
- Fund Balance $7,946,359
- Foundation Allowance $7,631
- The district has a balanced budget
Candidates must hold or be eligible for the Michigan Administrative Certificate and have highly successful administrative experience. The district welcomes qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds.
The Board is offering a regionally competitive compensation package including a multiyear contract and comprehensive benefits package.
- Application Deadline August 3
- SEC Screening and Interviews Ongoing
- Candidates Presented to the Board August 15
- Board’s First Interviews August 21, 22, and 23
- Board Selects Finalists August 27
- Finalist Interviews Week of September 10
- Selection of Final Candidate September 24
- New Superintendent Begins November
The Board reserves the right to modify the timeline as needed.
Apply for the position and submit required credentials through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website. Applicants are asked not to contact the District or Board Members directly.
The Wilmette Public School District 39 has selected Dr. Kari Cremascoli as their new Superintendent. She is currently the Superintendent of Downers Grove Elementary School District 58 in Downers Grove, IL.