Rock Island-Milan School District 41
Rock Island, IL
- Possesses or is eligible for Illinois Superintendent Licensure
- Possesses other qualifications as specified and required by the Board of Education
Consultant Assisting the Board:
- Dr. Kevin J. O’Mara, firstname.lastname@example.org 708-516-0793
- Ms. Diane Robertson, email@example.com 217-242-0485
The Board of Education of the Rock Island-Milan School District 41 is seeking an exceptional transformational leader to serve as the next superintendent beginning July 1, 2024.
Rock Island-Milan School District 41 is among the best public school districts in Illinois.
The Rock Island-Milan School District #41 (RIMSD#41) is a PreK-12 public school district that encompasses the City of Rock Island and Village of Milan. There are 9 elementary schools, 2 junior high schools, 1 high school, and 1 alternative high school. The district also has a comprehensive Pre-K and Head Start program through the Horace Mann Early Learning Center.
The Rock Island-Milan School District #41 is dedicated to educating for individual student success through quality educational programs and curriculum. RIMSD #41 proudly serves a diverse student population with multiple learning opportunities that are designed to empower, enrich and help them excel in the future.
In the Rock Island-Milan School District, you will find:
- The Leader In Me and L.E.A.D. programs
- Dual Credit and Advanced Placement courses at Rock Island High School
- Award winning High School Marching Band
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- Rock Island is part of the Quad Cities area which consists of Rock Island, Moline, and East Moline in Illinois, and Davenport and Bettendorf on the Iowa side of the river. The Quad Cities area combined population is close to 400,000.
- Located on the bend of the Mississippi where “the river runs east and west,” the Quad Cities is made up of several close-knit municipalities in eastern Iowa and western Illinois. It is easily accessible by rail, barge, and air and sits at the convergence of Interstates 74, 80, and 88. This mid-sized metropolitan area offers the best of both worlds. The Quad Cities brings you all the excitement of a big city with all the hospitality of a small town. It is large enough for a great transportation infrastructure, cultural attractions, and high quality of life, yet small enough for ease of travel, low cost of living, and low crime rate.
- The people of the Quad Cities have inherited the strong work ethic of an industry-oriented community resulting in a highly productive work force. Commitment to learning is reflected by one of the top high school graduation rates in the nation, three quality university campuses, and several, well rounded vocational programs.
- When the work is done, citizens enjoy a variety of festivals, sports, and recreational activities. Appreciation of the arts is evident in a wide variety of performing arts and museums. Additionally, residents take the opportunity to enjoy the scenic riverfront and communities through the many festivals and events held throughout the year.
For more detailed information click on the links below:
- Enrollment: 6,096
- Grades: PK-12
- 13 Schools: 1 High School, 2 Junior High Schools, 9 Elementary Schools, 1 Alternative Learning Center
Our Strategic Plan:
- The Rock Island-Milan School District’s purpose in strategic planning:
- To provide strategic direction for our district through 2025;
- Serve as an accountability tool to ensure that progress is being made toward the strategic priorities;
- Act as a management tool for setting goals and implementing actions;
- Be an informational piece for the community to convey the district’s mission, vision and core values.
- The Board will offer a regionally competitive compensation package
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates)
- Applications accepted through October 27, 2023
- Interviews with the Board – early December 2023
- Position begins – July 1, 2024
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested – www.schoolexecconnect.com
- Please submit all required credentials through this Website