About Lakeville Area Schools
Lakeville Area Schools, Independent School District No. 194, is located in the south metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. The district serves approximately 11,500 students in Dakota and Scott counties, and covers 86 square miles, including most of Lakeville, parts of Burnsville and Elko New Market, and portions of Eureka, Credit River and New Market townships.
There are eight elementary schools (K-5), three middle schools (6-8) and two high schools (9-12), LinK12-Lakeville (our K-12 online school), plus an Area Learning Center, and two Community Education facilities, which serve early childhood through adult education, and a ninth elementary school will be opening in the fall of 2024.
At Lakeville Area Schools, student success is our number one goal. So, it’s no surprise we’re often at the head of the class in academics, at the top of our game in athletics, and an all-star performer in the arts and activities. First and foremost, we’re focused on ensuring success for every child – personally, socially, academically, and civically. We do this by setting great expectations for our students, while empowering them with the support and relationships they need to make the most of their individual gifts and unique potential.
We also believe in fostering a sense of community in every classroom, building and team. Our school leaders reinforce this shared commitment. We inspire passion for learning by creating a culture where teachers and staff collaborate, families are engaged and connected, and students support one another. Whether a Cougar or a Panther, everyone is a part of the pride!
That roar of pride can be heard across Lakeville Area’s civic and business communities as well. Whether helping in our classrooms, attending our events, cheering in our stands, or investing in our facilities, their active involvement, genuine support, and spirited enthusiasm helps navigate students towards individual and collective successes. Through this community lens, we will continue to focus on opportunities that raise student achievement, foster their continual growth, and prepare them for a bright future.
Our Mission and Vision
In partnership with families and community, we strive to ensure success for every student— personally, socially, academically, and civically.
To inspire a passion for learning in every student.
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
The Board of Education is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the next Superintendent beginning July 1, 2022.
17630 Juniper Path, Suite A
Lakeville, MN 55044
Advisors to the Board
SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT Ken Dragseth 952-210-2790 Toni Johns 612-309-1511
David Clough 847-644-5556 Lisa Anderson 952-210-9865
- Possesses or is eligible for Minnesota Superintendent Licensure
- Successful and Significant Administrative Experience
- Possesses other qualifications as specified and required by the Board of Education
Salary: Negotiable and highly competitive in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area
Our Teachers and Staff
- 76% of our licensed staff have a master’s degree or higher.
- 51% of our licensed staff have been with the district for 10 years or more.
- 51 of our licensed staff hold National Board Certification in their area of expertise
Academics, Arts, Activities, Athletics
- 23.3% of our students are students of color
- Four-year graduation rate is 94.2%
- 20.9 ACT average Composite Score. To view graph Click Here
- On all state accountability assessments (MCA, MTAS and ACCESS), Lakeville Area Schools scored above the state average for the past 5 years.
- 600 academic scholarships awarded to students in the past 5 years by our high schools.
- 86% of the students who took the bilingual/multilingual assessment in 2021 got a World Language Proficiency Certificate or a Bilingual Seal on their transcript.
- 74 high school athletic championships since 1981
- Robust and talented arts and activities groups at the high school and middle school level– these include Now and Then and Encore choirs and our two Pride of Lakeville marching bands which have performed on national and international stages.
Our Community and Support (2021 Panorama Survey with K-12 Staff and Students; 2019 Baker Tilly Survey of the Community)
- K-12 student enrollment is projected to grow more than 20% in the next decade. Our elementary enrollment is projected to grow more than 20% in the next 5 years.
- Strong community support has helped to expand our student opportunities and security measures
- 87 percent of residents give Lakeville Area Schools a grade of A or B according to the 2019 Community Survey by Baker Tilly.
- 81% of students in grade 3-5 and 63% of students in grades 6-12 responded favorably to feeling like they belong at their school
- 85% of students in grades 3-5 responded favorably to feeling like the adults support them at school
- 82% of K-12 teachers responded favorably to feeling that the relationships between students and teachers are respectful.
- Association of School Business Operations (ASBO) Certificate of Financial Reporting consecutively for 6 years
- Total General Fund Operating Budget $164,825,000
- Total Operating Budget $256,729,000
- Average Teacher Salary $74,300
- Aa2 Credit Rating by Moody’s
- Teacher Union Affiliation: Education Minnesota
- Current Teacher Contract Ends: June 30, 2023
Search Calendar (The Board reserves the right to extend or modify all dates.)
- Accepting Applications through March 4, 2022
- Selected Candidates taken to the Board March 7, 2022
- First Interviews March 10 & 11
- Finalist Interviews March 14, 15, 17
- Superintendent named TBD
- Superintendent Begins Duties July 1, 2022
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit the required credentials through www.schoolexecconnect.com