Havana CUSD 126
District Office: 501 S. McKinley St., Havana, IL 62644
Havana, Kilbourne and Bath
- Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s License
- Successful administrative experience
The District serves approximately 867 students (Pre-K – 12), has approximately 140 total staff, and is located in Mason County, an area rich in agriculture growing many different specialty crops as well as significant opportunities for outdoor experiences.
- Well-rounded educational programming and experiences offered to students
- Extremely strong financial position.
- One of only 14 Illinois School Districts outperforming their demographics according to the Educational Opportunity Project at Stanford University.
- The District sincerely cares about their employees and their Happiness. As a result staff turnover is extremely low.
- The Community of Havana has been undergoing a significant revitalization over the past four years. Many new businesses have been added to create a beautiful River Town Experience.
- Technology rich district – a one to one district for the past ten years.
- Excellent facilities both inside and out. Many improvements have been made over the last several years. No major projects regarding the buildings will be needed in the near future.
- Good location to larger communities – within driving distance of Springfield, Bloomington, Peoria, St. Louis and Chicago.
SCHOOLS Summative Designation
Havana High School Commendable – 2021-2022
Havana Jr. High School Comprehensive – 2021-2022
New Central Elementary School Commendable – 2021-2022
Student Characteristics (2021-2022 Illinois Report Card)
- Enrollment – 860
- White: 94.5%
- Hispanic: 1.9%
- Two or More Race: 3.0%
- Low Income: 49%
- English Learners: 0%
- Student with IEPs: 22%
- Homeless: 4%
- Graduation Rate: 82%
- Dropout Rate: 5%
- Chronic Absenteeism Rate: 32%
- Chronically Truant Rate: 7%
- Student Mobility: 13%
- ELA Proficiency: 27%
- Math Proficiency: 21%
- Science Proficiency: 59%
- Post Secondary Enrollment: 57%
- Total Employees: 140
- Total Teachers: 72
- Total Administrators: 7
- Financial Adequacy: 66.5% (2021-2022 Report Card) (Tier 1)
- FY23 Total Proposed Budget: $16,288,438
- FY23 Proposed Ed Fund: $10,624,961
Union Affiliation and Contract Status:
- Havana Federation of Teachers – IFT/AFT AFL-CIO – 2023-2026 (Certified Personnel)
- Havana Support Staff – IFT/AFT AFL-CIO – 2023-2026 (Non-Certified)
- Regionally Competitive
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting Applications Through: October 6, 2023
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: Mid October, 2023
- Superintendent Named: Late November, 2023
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2024
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.