District and Business Administrator (combined position, 1.0 FTE)
District Name: School District of Manawa (SDM), Manawa Wisconsin
District Address: 800 Beech Street Manawa, WI 54949
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a District Administrator in Wisconsin. Experience as a District Administrator / Superintendent with working knowledge of Wisconsin school finance preferred. Evidence of a commitment to student achievement, relationship building, staff development and support and creative problem solving. The position description can be found by clicking here
Consultant Assisting the Board: School Exec Connect
Dr. Dean Gorrell: Dean.Gorrell@schoolexecconect.com, 608-438-8986
District Website: www.manawaschools.org
Communities served: The City of Manawa, the Township of Little Wolf, portions of the Townships of Union, St. Lawrence, Bear Creek, Lebanon, Royalton, Mukwa, Helvetia and the Village of Ogdensburg.
Student Population: 639 in 4K-12
District Budget: $8.8 million
District Schools: Little Wolf HS/ Manawa Middle school (one building), Manawa Elementary School
District Mission Statement:
The School District of Manawa is the place where students choose to excel academically and realize their strengths.
District Vision Statement:
The School District of Manawa engages students to reach their full potential in a changing global society through highly effective instruction and leadership.
- Supportive and involved community
- Wide range of excellent curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Schools meets or exceeds expectations on the most recent state report card
- The Manawa School District employs approximately 76 staff including, 48 teachers, 22 support staff and 6 administrators
- In 2018, voters passed two referendums; $12 million for facilities upgrades and a high school / middle school reconfiguration and $365,000 to demolish an old school building.
- Supportive Board of Education
- A supportive and active Athletic Booster Club
- An active and award winning FFA group
- An active and award winning Art Club
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to modify any or all of these dates)
- Application deadline: March 12, 2023
- First round of interviews: Week of March 27, 2023
- Second round of interviews: Week of April 9, 2023
- Board decision on final candidate: Week of April 23, 2023
- Position begins on / about July 1, 2023
Compensation / Benefits Package Offered: Regionally competitive and commensurate to the position duties and expectations.
Application Process: Apply through School Exec Connect www.schoolexecconnect.com
Application Deadline: March 12th, 2023, on or before 5:00 p.m.
You will be asked to complete the on-line application, present a cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts, at least four recent reference letters and proof of certification or eligibility for certification.