Position Available: Superintendent
District Name: Sartell-St. Stephen Schools, Independent School District 748
District Address: 212 3rd Ave. N., Sartell, MN 56377
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Experience as a Superintendent, Principal or a District Office setting preferred. Demonstrate strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community and supporting staff learning and development and financial management.
District Highlights: The district lives out its mission–To inspire the entire community to develop well-rounded citizens capable of becoming successful and contributing members of society by providing outstanding instruction in a caring and supportive environment where excellence is the expected outcome for all learners.
- District values are: Active Citizenship, Scholarship, 21st Century Learning, Professional Growth, Welcoming Environment and Whole Child Focus.
- A construction bond was passed in 2016 to build a new high school which opened in the fall of 2019. Other buildings were updated and reconfigured for the opening of school in 2020.
- The new high school offers bright, open common spaces, classrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, instead of solid walls and a variety of learning spaces for individual, small-group and large-group work as well as spaces for creating digital media projects.
- Staff at Sartell High School provides a rigorous academic program. Students select form a wide array of core courses as well and electives and extra-curricular options. A school within a school provides alternative learning options.
- Staff at Sartell Middle School creates an excellent learning environment appropriate for students in grades 6-8. The school programs and services meet the academic, social, physical, and emotional needs of middle school aged students.
- Staff at two elementary schools serve students in grades 1-2 and 3-5. Both are exciting places for our youngest children and encourage parents as partners in their child’s education.
- The Early Childhood Learning Center serves students in Pre-K and kindergarten classes.
- The district is committed to the following 21st Century learning skills: critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration across networks, agility and adaptability, initiative and entrepreneurship, effective written and oral communication, accessing and analyzing information, and creativity and imagination.
- The district focuses on differentiating instruction, personalizing education for students, utilizing technology to maximize student achievement, and ensuring best practices in instruction and assessment in every classroom.
- District ACT composite scores (24.4) outperform state (21.3) and national (20.6) averages.
- High quality extracurricular and enrichment opportunities for students of all ages.
- Increasing enrollment.
- 93.5% of district students enroll in district schools.
- 13.8% of students are free and reduced lunch students.
- 16.2% of students receive special education services.
- 308 certified staff serve students.
- In 2018 a community survey 90% rated the quality of education as good to excellent and 86% agree or strongly agree that the community receives a good value from its investment in local public schools.
- Strong participation by students in school lunch program.
- MCA scores rank higher in comparison to like districts.
- $460 in referendum authority approved through 2030.
- Low transportation costs for similar districts.
- In 2010-11, the district had the highest percentage of expenditures going to regular instruction compared to both like-sized and aspirational districts.
- K-5 Average class size is 24. 6-8 average class size is 29. 9-12 average class size is 30.
- Strong gifted programming, technology, staff development, music programming, and teacher leadership.
- Strong evaluation of all district programs that add to effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong Early Childhood and School Readiness programs.
- Strong community and district support of the schools and the programs they offer.
- Financially stable.
Communities Served: The Sartell-St. Stephen School District is located in Central Minnesota. The boundaries of the district touch the surrounding school districts of St. Cloud, Sauk Rapids-Rice, and Holdingford. The population of the Sartell-St. Stephen communities is approximately 17,000.
Student Population: 4200
District Budget: $47 million with a $13 million reserve fund balance
- Sartell High School (9-12)
- Sartell Middle School (6-8)
- Riverview Intermediate School (3-5)
- Pine Meadow Primary School (1-2)
- Oak Ridge Early Learning Center (PK-K)
Union Affiliation – Education Minnesota
- Application Deadline: February 24
- Selected candidates taken to the Board on: March 1
- First round interviews on: March 2,3
- Second round interviews on: March 8,9,10
- Position Begins: July 1, 2021
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
District Website: www.sartell.k12.mn.us
Application Process: Apply through the website www.schoolexecconnect.com if you are interested in this position.
You will be asked to complete the online application and present a cover letter, resume, a copy of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.