THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH
Superintendent of Schools
12121 W. North Avenue Wauwatosa WI 53226
Schools: Total Enrollment of 7,010 students
- 11 Elementary Schools including STEM and Montessori schools
- 2 Middle Schools (6-8) With STEM Programs
- 2 High Schools
- 1 Virtual Academy
- Education Centers at Children’s Hospital and Vel Phillips Juvenile Justice Center
- Also directs a robust summer school, community use of new athletic facilities, and the city’s recreation programs
Staffing: 860 staff members
- Hold or be eligible for the Wisconsin Superintendent license
- Successful school leadership experience
Regionally Competitive Compensation Package
- Application Deadline: March 26
- Interviews Begin: Mid-April
- Finalist Interviews: Late April
- Superintendent Appointment: Early May
- Superintendent to Begin: July 1, 2021
Wauwatosa School District is a high achieving, forward-thinking, racially and economically diverse public school district. Our educational community’s long history of excellence has been recognized both regionally and nationally. We believe relationships are at the core of the success of our students, teachers, and administrators. Wauwatosa School District is committed to providing an outstanding education that equips and inspires all of our students for their future.
Our neighborhood schools are nestled in the charming suburb of Wauwatosa, about 15 minutes west of downtown Milwaukee and the shores of Lake Michigan.
Wauwatosa’s 47,000 residents enjoy the warmth and charm of a small town, with all the metropolitan amenities of a larger city, including professional and college sporting events, performing arts, cultural activities and convenient and robust shopping and restaurants. Our high-quality schools attract people to the area, and the small, connected neighborhoods, and community events create a sense of belonging and a desire to stay and grow in the community.
Wauwatosa is home to nationally recognized medical facilities, medical colleges and global corporations. Our business neighbors offer unique, world-class relationships that benefit the education of our students.
- 7,010 students
- Diverse student body
- White: 62%
- Black: 18%
- Hispanic/Latino: 7%
- Asian: 4%
- Two or more races: 7%
- 14% of students receive special education services
- 26% of students receive free or reduced lunch
- .5% of students are English language learners
District Financial Information
- $105,226,473 operating budget for general and special education
- $124.9M facilities referendum approved in 2018, and nearing completion. Improvements to all buildings, including 4 new elementary schools.
Apply through the School Exec Connect Website www.schoolexecconnect.com Submit credentials through the School Exec website, do not apply to the school district
Consultants to the School Board:
Dr. Jack Linehan (262) 302-1073
Dr. Patricia Deklotz (414) 416-1723