THIS SEARCH WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE
Superintendent of Schools
River Grove District 85.5
2650 N. Thatcher Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171
Portions of River Grove, IL
Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s Endorsement
Successful and significant administrative experience
Advisor Assisting the Board:
Dr. Kathryn Robbins
- The district offers progressive academic programs and a wide variety of co-curricular activities to meet the needs and interests of all students
- The district is financially sound
- The district enjoys strong stakeholder support
- The district has 1:1 Chromebook in 3rd– 8th grade and significant technology available for grades K-2nd
- Considerable facilities improvements have been made in the past 3 years.
- An active River Grove School Education Foundation funds classroom grants
- The district has a stable, well-functioning Board of Education
- River Grove is a community of 10,000 people located in west Cook County approximately 15 miles west of downtown Chicago
- Nearly 700 students, K-8
- 50% Caucasian, 45% Hispanic, 2% Black, 68% Low Income, 24% ELL, 12% IEP, 10% Mobility
- One building, River Grove Elementary School
Total Budget: $7.2 million
Certified staff members are represented by the IEA/NEA.
Teachers’ Contract Status:
The teachers’ contract is in the first year of a four-year contract.
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting Applications Through: March 1, 2017
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: March 14, 2017
- Superintendent Named: April 11, 2017
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2017
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.