THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE
Iroquois County CUSD 9
1411 W. Lafayette Street
Watseka, IL 60970
Watseka and Woodland
Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s Endorsement
Successful and significant administrative experience required
Advisors Assisting the Board:
Dr. Kathryn Robbins: 630-470-5070 firstname.lastname@example.org
Iroquois County CUSD 9 Highlights:
- The District is located near the center of Iroquois County, approximately 30 miles southeast of Kankakee, 65 miles northeast of Champaign, and 15 miles west of the Illinois-Indiana state line.
- The District provides a well-rounded academic program, including Advanced Placement courses.
- The Board and Staff are committed to continuous improved and increased student achievement.
- Parents are very supportive of their children’s education.
- An active Unit 9 Academic Foundation provides funds beyond the normal operating budget for educational enrichment programs and equipment for students in the district. Funds are raised by generous donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, clubs, financial institutions and alumni.
- 1039 students PreK – 12
- 84% White, 11% Hispanic, 2% Black, 1% Asian
- 59% low-income, 2% ELL
- 39% students ready for next level – PARCC
- 84% graduation rate
- Nettie Davis Grades PreK – 1
- Wanda Kendall Grades 2-4
- Glenn Raymond Middle School Grades 5-8
- Watseka Community High School Grades 9-12
District Office Staff:
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Food Service Director
- Transportation Director
- Technology Coordinator
2017-2018 Budget: $12.5 million
The Unit Nine Education Association is an affiliate of the IEA/NEA.
Search Calendar: The Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting Applications Through: March 23, 2018
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: April 6, 2018
- Superintendent Named: April 30, 2018
- Superintendent Start Date: July 1, 2018
- Apply for the position and submit all required documents: www.schoolexecconnect.com