Position Available: Superintendent of Schools
District Name: Intermediate School District 287
District Address: 1820 Xenium Lane N, Plymouth, MN 55408
District Website: www.district287.org
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Successful experience as a Superintendent or in a District level setting preferred. Experience leading or working with Special Education programs as well as transition and special services for unique learners is also preferred.
Consultants Assisting the Board: School Exec Connect
Antoinette Johns: firstname.lastname@example.org (612-309-1511)
Ken Dragseth: email@example.com (952-210-2790)
David Clough: firstname.lastname@example.org (847-644-5556)
Member Districts: District 287 is an education partner focused on innovative solutions for eleven-member school districts in the West Metro of the Twin Cities including: Brooklyn Center, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Orono, Osseo, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, Wayzata, Westonka.
Mission and Core Values: The mission of Intermediate District 287 is to be the premier provider of innovative specialized services to ensure that each member district can meet the unique learning needs of its students. District 287 is committed to advancing racial equity and producing equitable student outcomes through evidence-based instruction, trauma-responsive and healing-centered practices, and employee well-being. Racial equity is foundational to District 287’s mission and embedded in all its priorities.
District Expertise: Special Education, Alternative Learning Academies (ALCs), Transition Services, Career and Technical Education, Itinerant Services, Care and Treatment, Online Learning, Enrichment Programs.
- Ann Bremer Education Center
- North Education Center
- South Education Center
- West Education Center
- Hennepin Technical Center
- Care and Treatment Programs
- Northern Star Online
- Hennepin Gateway to College
Financial Information: District 287 programs operate on a fee-for-service basis. Revenue to fund the district’s student services is generated by tuition billing. The regional approach makes the costs for specialized services lower. The cost for individual districts to serve students with complex needs can be extraordinarily high, especially in staffing. District 287 manages a budget of more than $100 million.
- Local 2209 Represents Teachers and Non-Licensed Staff
- Local 284 Represents Support Staff
Teacher Contract Status: The current contract is under negotiation, expected to expire 6/30/23
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to modify all dates as necessary)
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2021
- Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: December 1, 2021
- First Round Interviews: December 2-3, 2021
- Second Round Interviews: December 6,7,8
- Board Action on Superintendent Contract: December 2021
- New Superintendent Transition Activities: January – June 2022
- Superintendent Assumes Duties: July 1, 2022
Interested candidates are encouraged learn more about Intermediate District 287 at www.bit.ly/be287superintendent
- Apply for this position through the School Exec Connect website: schoolexecconnect.com
- Please submit the required credentials through the SEC website
- Also, submit the required demographic information: Click Here