- Superintendent, Hinckley – Big Rock CUSD 429
- 700 East Lincoln Highway, Hinckley, Illinois 60520
- The Village of Hinckley houses Hinckley-Big Rock Elementary School with a current enrollment of 323 students. The Village of Big Rock is home to Hinckley-Big Rock Middle School with a current enrollment of 152 students. Hinckley-Big Rock High School, located in the Village of Hinckley, currently has an enrollment of 203 students and is a member of the Indian Valley Vocational Center.
- The Hinckley and Big Rock communities that make up District 429 are located in northern Illinois approximately 60 miles directly west of Chicago. They lie16 miles west of Aurora, site of Aurora University and 18 Miles southeast of DeKalb, site of Northern Illinois University and are served by Waubonsee Community College. The school district is located in DeKalb, Kane and Kendall counties.
- Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s License
- Successful and significant administrative experience, Superintendent experience preferred
Associates Assisting the Board of Education:
- David Negron, 630-853-2870, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Shimp, 630-327-1765, email@example.com
- All students in Hinckley – Big Rock CUSD 429 are provided with a Chromebook.
- Nearly all families in Hinckley – Big Rock CUSD 429 have internet access at home.
- The primary electronic tools and systems used include Skyward (Student Management System), Google Workspace for Education, and Seesaw.
- Hinckley – Big Rock CUSD 429 students uses numerous online learning resources on a regular basis, and have access to their classroom learning platforms including Seesaw (Early-Childhood through 2nd grade) and Google Classroom (3rd grade through 12th grade).
Student Profile (2021-2022 School Report Card):
- White: 83.9%
- Hispanic: 11.9%
- African American: less than 1%
- Asian: less than 1%
- American Indian: 0%
- Pacific Islander: 0%
- Two or More Races: 2.4%
- Special Education Students: 18%
- English Language Learners: 3%
- Students Qualifying for Free and Reduced Lunch: 20%
- Attendance Rate: 92%
Financial Information (FY21)
- FY21 Operational Expenditure per Student: $13,258
- State Average Operational Expenditure per Student: $16,029
- FY21 Instructional Expenditure per Student: $6,722
- State Average Instructional Expenditure per Student: $7,703
Total Budgeted Revenue (FY21);
- Local Revenues: 83.9%
- State Revenues: 9.9%
- Federal Revenues: 6.2%
Total Budgeted Expenditures by Fund (or as otherwise categorized by the district) FY22 Budget:
- Education: $8,415,821.00
- Operations & Maintenance: $1,238,378.00
- Debt Service: $1,922,318.00
- Transportation: $802,641.00
- FY22 Total Budget in revenue: $13,017,713.00
- FY21 Total Budget in expenses: $12,913,515.00
- FY21 Estimated Fund Balance: $11,146,600
Union Affiliation and Contract Status:
- Hinckley – Big Rock Education Association through FY24
- Regionally Competitive
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates)
- Accepting Applications Through: April 3, 2023
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: April 26, 2023
- Superintendent Named: By May 24, 2023
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2023
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.