Superintendent for Hartford Union High School District
805 Cedar Street
Hartford, WI 53027
Hartford Union High School is one of ten union high schools in the state of Wisconsin, providing a comprehensive high school education to students in grades 9-12, and serves approximately 32,600 residents in the following communities:
- City of Hartford;
- Village of Neosho;
- Town of Erin;
- portions of the Village of Richfield; and
- portions of the Towns of Addison, Ashippun, Hartford, Herman, Hubbard, Hustisford, Lebanon, Rubicon, and Theresa.
There are four public elementary Associate Districts (Hartford Joint #1 School District, Erin School District, Holy Hill Area School District, and Herman-Neosho-Rubicon (HNR) School District), and several parochial schools that send students to Hartford Union High School. Our District includes approximately 225 square miles in the beautiful Kettle Moraine area, with Holy Hill and Erin Golf Course as dominant landmarks.
- Hold or be eligible for the Wisconsin Superintendent License.
- Candidates should have successful and significant administrative experience.
Advisors Assisting the Board:
Dr. Jack Linehan, School Exec Connect Partner
Dr. Keith Fuchs, School Exec Connect Associate
- 1,325 students in grades 9-12
- Graduation rate: 93.2%
- An academic, activities, and athletics comprehensive high school
- Offer 20 Advanced Placement courses, 14 CLEP/Industry Certification courses, 12 Technical College Accredited Courses, 4 PLTW courses, robust Youth Apprenticeship program, INSPIRE Washington County: highest student usage among districts
- In 2017 Level 2 Pacesetter school with 20% or more of all student participation in at least one AP exam and 65% or more earning scores of 3 or above on the exams.
- Accelerated Academic Programs in Mathematics and World Languages for Associate School/District 7th and 8th grade students
- Offer 24 sports teams with 956 students participating
- Offer 31 activity clubs with students participating in multiple activities resulting in 1,496 students involved
- 13 Administrative Staff; 95 Faculty; 70 Support Staff
- Highly qualified teaching staff; 60% with Masters’ Degrees
- HUHS offers the serenity of a rural setting; the advantages of a comprehensive, suburban high school; a center for manufacturing, health care, financial services; and close proximity to the cultural, educational, and entertainment advantages in the greater Milwaukee area.
- HUHS has a long tradition of Board of Education, teachers and staff, parents, administration, students, and community members working together to provide a quality education for all students.
- The greater Hartford area exhibits strong Oriole Pride throughout the community.
- HUHS is actively engaged in the community through its students and staff, e.g., Annual Community Day of Service.
- HUHS continually adds co-curricular athletics/activities to its extensive list for greater opportunities for all students.
- HUHS supports all Associate Schools/Districts, public and parochial, and collaborates with them to ensure smooth transitions to high school for students and parents/guardians.
CLICK HERE for Superintendent Profile
- Capital Project Funds 41, 46, 49: $4,900,000 (fund balance)
- Debt Service Fund 38: $625,383
- General Fund 10: $18,976,623
- Special Education Fund 27: $2,182,918
- General Fund 10 Balance: $7,346,441 (38%)
Teachers’ Contract Status:
2019-2020 Contract to be negotiated in February/March 2019
Search Calendar: (The Board may need to adjust dates as necessary.)
- Accepting Applications Through: December 7, 2018
- Selected Candidates’ to the Board in December 2018
- New Superintendent announced in January 2019
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2019
- Apply for the position through www.schoolexecconnect .
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.