Lead Administrator/Building Principal
New Horizon Center: For Children & Adults with Developmental Disabilities & Autism
6737 W. Forest Preserve Ave.
Chicago, IL 60634
Greater Chicago and Suburban area
Master’s Degree in Education; four to ten years related experience; Illinois Administrative Certificate; Administrator of Special Education and Director Approval preferred; Experience with Students with Complex Disabilities preferred
New Horizon Center’s goal has always been to provide children with disabilities the opportunity to reach their full potential.
New Horizon Center is located on the northern edge of Chicago and serves students in the surrounding suburbs and the city of Chicago. Some school highlights include
- Committed and competent staff who have students’ best interest at heart.
- Comprehensive instructional program to meet each student’s individual needs.
- 31,000 sq. ft. state of the art facility that was designed to meet the needs and challenge the abilities of students and adults with severe developmental disabilities and autism.
- A supportive and committed Board of Directors willing to support the successful candidate
- New Horizon Center is a leader in developing proven and effective approaches that give each student and adult purpose and fulfillment in their complex lives.
- Follows the philosophy that all children have the right to an appropriate education and that every individual must be given the opportunity to achieve maximum independence regardless of their needs.
- New Horizon Center’s children’s program is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education in the areas of Cognitive Disability, Physical Impairment, Emotional Disability, Other Health Impairments, Multiple Disabilities, Developmental Delay, Traumatic Brain Injury and Autism.
- District/School Enrollment – 63 students enrolled with a total capacity to serve 70 students
- Student Demographics
- Ages: 5-22 years old
- Serving students with complex disabilities from multiple districts
- Administrative Staff: One Lead Administrator/Principal; 1 Part-time Program Coordinator; 1 Business Officer; 1 HR/Administrative Assistant; 1 Facilities Administrator; 1 Administrative Assistant; 1 Home-Based Facilitator
- Total Teachers: 9 Special Education Certified Teachers
- Total Support Staff: 9 classroom teaching assistants; approximately 30 paraprofessionals serving as individual student assistants
- Total Specialized Therapists: 1 Social Worker; 3 Occupational Therapists; 2 Physical Therapists, 2 Speech-Language Therapists; 1 Vision Specialist
- Additional Staff: 1 Music Therapist; 1 Art Therapist; 2 Full-time Nurses
- Transitional Services: 1
District Financial Information
- The facility has a total operating budget of $5.1 million. Funding sources are direct payments from school districts and limited fund-raising.
Search Calendar: (The Board of Directors reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting Applications Through February, 2022
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board of Directors March 6, 2022
- Principal Named: Mid-March, 2022
- Principal Start: July 1, 2022
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website