Michigan Association of Superintendents and Administrators
1001 Centennial Way
Lansing, MI 48917
Mission, Core Values and Purpose
Mission: The mission of the Michigan Association of Superintendents & Administrators is to develop leadership and unity within its membership to achieve the continuous improvement of public education in Michigan.
Core Values: Service • Leadership • Collaboration • Excellence
Guided by its mission and core values, MASA serves as the go-to professional association for superintendents and central office administrators.
MASA strives to provide support to our members, who lead and manage the school districts tasked with educating Michigan’s more than 1.5 million students. Across 10 regions, more than 700 public school superintendents and central office administrators in 584 school districts and 56 intermediate school districts receive support from MASA, which includes:
“Just-in-time” technical, personal, and legal services
Events and other networking opportunities
The Executive Director’s responsibilities will focus primarily on meeting the needs of members, empowering them to meet the needs of students, including:
- Working to create a better understanding of students’ needs and creating support for the needs of Michigan schools and districts.
- Planning meetings and providing direct support and guidance to the MASA Board of Directors.
- Planning a budget and providing financial oversight for the association.
- Planning conferences and professional activities for members.
- Serving as the organization’s liaison with the legislature and state agencies.
- Promoting constructive relationships with other organizations.
- Facilitating cooperative efforts designed to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of public education.
- Serving as a counselor and confidant to members.
- Building strong working relationships with the business community and non-profit community.
Advanced degree. Equivalent or parallel experience with preference afforded to applicants with significant experience as a school superintendent.
MASA will offer a competitive compensation package. The salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience of the successful candidate and the requirements of the position.
Search Calendar: (The. MASA Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting applications through March 31, 2020
- Screening and first Interviews: April 2020
- MASA Board interviews: Mid-April to Early May 2020
- Finalist named: June 2020
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.