1101 Gregory Street Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Former Type 75 or Principal License required
- Masters or Doctorate Degree as well as former Type 73 endorsement preferred
- Successful Special Education Administrative Experience
- Knowledge of public and non-public special education therapeutic programs
- Understanding of contemporary approaches to Behavior Management
The mission at Joseph Academy is to serve children and adolescents with behavioral; emotional, and learning disorders by helping them develop the social, academic, and vocational skills they need to function in society. A year-round therapeutic program at sites in Des Plaines, IL and Melrose Park, IL is offered which prepares students to reenter the mainstream environment.
Joseph Academy’s approximately 85 students come from more than thirty different school communities and are placed in their programs through a comprehensive process.
Joseph Academy Website:
Search Calendar: (The Board Reserves the Right to Adjust the Schedule)
- Accepting Applications Through: Early-April
- Selected Candidate Names to the Board: Mid-April
- First and Second Interviews: Mid/Late- April
- Board Action on New Principal: Late April/Early May
- Principal Start Date: July 1, 2020
Apply for the Position through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website
Submit Required Credentials through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website
Applicants are asked not to contact Board members directly.