Superintendent of Schools
Rockford Area Schools
Rockford Area Schools
6051 Ash St.
Rockford, MN 55373
Rockford, Greenfield, Corcoran and Rockford Township
Hold or be eligible for licensure as Superintendent in Minnesota.
Consultants Assisting the Board:
Dr. Kenneth Dragseth firstname.lastname@example.org 952 210-2790
Dr. David Clough email@example.com 847 644-5556
Dr. Robert Ostlund firstname.lastname@example.org 612 308-8997
- RAS District Video made in 2021: Welcome to Rockford Area Schools.
- This beautiful community is just west of the Twin Cities – straddling the Crow River in Western Hennepin and Eastern Wright Counties
- The unique locale of the District offers its residents “the best of both worlds”. It is neither suburban nor rural – but rather a small community adjacent to the suburbs and just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
- The District serves 1,640 students and employs 110 licensed staff members in one high school (Gr. 9-12), one middle school (Gr. 5-8), and one elementary school (Gr. K-4)
- All schools have magnet programs: The Elementary serves as an Arts Magnet, The Middle School is a STEM Magnet with a focus on environmental education and The High School is an International Baccalaureate School with MYP, DP, and CP pathways. All schools are supported as a part of the NorthWest Suburban Integration School District collaborative
- The majority of our students participate in numerous and varied extra-curricular activities, including boys and girls athletics, through participation in the Wright County Conference and The Minnesota State High School League as well as a renowned vocal/instrumental music program
- Rockford Middle School has been named a National Green Ribbon School for its environmental efforts
- The community provides excellent additional support for its students, their schools and their activities each year. Groups such as ISD 883 Dollars for Scholars, Rockford ISD 883 Education Foundation, the Rocket Boosters and Music Partners provide invaluable assistance
- Teachers are represented by Education Minnesota in collective bargaining
District Website: www.rockford.k12.mn.us
Search Calendar: (Dates are subject to change by the Board)
- Applications Due: February 17, 2023 (Early Applications are Requested)
- Presentation of Selected Candidates to the Board: February 22, 2023
- School Board First Interviews: February 23-24, 2023 (Afternoon Interviews)
- School Board Final Interviews: February 27-28 and March 1, 2023
- Position Begins: July 1, 2023
Apply for the position through the School Exec Connect website: