THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH
Lake Geneva Jt. 1 and Lake Geneva-Genoa City Union High School District
Hold or be eligible for Wisconsin District Administrator certification
Proven leadership experience in mobilizing continued growth in student achievement
- The Lake Geneva School District consists of Lake Geneva Jt. 1 and Lake Geneva-Genoa City Union High School District. The respective districts are governed by their own Board of Education. They share some facilities and physical resources and are served by the same district leadership team. The Superintendent works with both boards and with the district team to operationalize the policies approved by the respective Boards of Education. The Lake Geneva Jt. 1 Board has five members, and the Lake Geneva-Genoa Union High School Board has seven members.
- The City of Lake Geneva is known for its iconic spring-fed Geneva Lake, the third deepest in the state. Countless water sports are abundant in all seasons along with a rich history of century-old estates along its 21-mile walking path. Lake Geneva’s thriving downtown district, quaint neighborhoods and proximity to major metropolitan area make the area an ideal place to live and work.
- The mission of the Lake Geneva Schools is, “Honoring the unique talents of all, WE the Lake Geneva Area Schools, families, and communities commit to providing EVERY student an excellent education that ensures the development of responsible, respectful citizens, and inspires life-long learning.”
- Lake Geneva Jt. 1 School District and Lake Geneva-Genoa City Union High School District have a very stable educational environment with several long serving Board members and a Superintendent who is retiring after 23 years of service to the district.
- The Boards of Education have developed a strategic plan that helps guide decision making regarding the focus and priorities of the district learning initiatives. This plan was developed through the efforts of a committee that consisted of district staff, parents, and members of the greater Lake Geneva community.
- Lake Geneva embraces the unique talents, needs, abilities and goals of all learners.
- Lake Geneva strives to provide opportunities for everyone to grow, thrive, and prepare for success in all of life’s experiences.
- Small class sizes provide for more personalized attention and learning plans which incorporate character education and teamwork and emphasize college and career readiness from an early age with development of problem solving, goal setting, strategic thinking and communication skills.
- An active community that supports educational excellence. The community has provided incredible schools and athletic facilities, spacious fields and playgrounds, and ample amenities that set the stage for the wide range of premiere academic, athletic and co-curricular programs.
- The Lake Geneva District is focused on cognitive development of students in order to ensure they are well-rounded individuals and strive to provide students with ample opportunities to excel in the classroom, as well as in career and technical education, the fine arts, athletics and other activities.
- Professional development for the Lake Geneva staff is a top priority. Educators participate in Professional Learning Communities which provide pathways to continuous improvement, best practice sharing, improved instruction, enhanced student achievement, and continual focus on the development of the whole child.
- The Lake Geneva School District is financially sound and in April, 2021 passed two referendum questions, one for the Jt. 1 District and one for the Union High School District which will continue to provide recurring funds to maintain current district programming and services. Additionally, a third referendum question was approved to make renovations to Badger High School.
- Badger High School provides sixteen college and career academies offering up to thirty-two college credits each with embedded business and industry certifications.
208 E. South Street
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin 53447
City of Lake Geneva, Village of Genoa City, Town of Geneva, Town of Linn, Town of Lyons, Town of Bloomfield, and Village of Bloomfield
Lake Geneva Jt. 1 $26,000,000
Lake Geneva-Genoa City Union High School District $20,000,000
- Central-Denison Elementary School
- Eastview Elementary School
- Star Center Elementary School
- Maple Park Charter School (4K-8)
- Lake Geneva Middle School
- Badger High School
- New Visions Charter School (9-12)
Lake Geneva Jt. 1 WEAC
Lake Geneva-Genoa City Union High School –BPEA
Teacher Contract Status:
Governed by an Employee Handbook that is revised as needed
- Accepting applications through January 29, 2022
- Candidate slate recommended to Board on February 8, 2022
- Projected superintendent contract action by Board on March 22, 2022
- Superintendent start date of July 1, 2022
- Apply for the position and submit required credentials through the SEC website: www.schoolexecconnect.com