- Superintendent, Kildeer Countryside Community Consolidated School District 96
- 1050 Ivy Hall Lane, Buffalo Grove, Illinois 60089
- Comprising approximately 3,200 students and 500 certified and educational support personnel, Kildeer Countryside Community Consolidated School District 96 is an elementary school district covering about 20 square miles in southern Lake County, Illinois.
- The District includes portions of Buffalo Grove, Hawthorn Woods, Kildeer, Lake Zurich, Long Grove, and Vernon Hills. Most District 96 students continue their education at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, ranked #150 in U.S. News Best High School 2020 national rankings and ranked #6 in U.S. News Best Illinois High Schools 2020.
- Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s License
- Successful and significant administrative experience, Superintendent experience preferred
- KCSD 96 supports students in seven schools (four elementary schools, two middle schools, and the Willow Grove Early Learning Center).
- Five District 96 schools have earned national Blue Ribbon recognition from the U.S. Department of Education.
- In 2013, Twin Groves earned Blue Ribbon recognition for a second time, in 2016, Woodlawn Middle School was awarded a second Blue Ribbon, and in 2019, Ivy Hall was awarded a second Blue Ribbon.
- Each of the four elementary schools has been awarded Blue Ribbon recognition status for its physical education program.
- Five of the KCSD 96 schools have been recognized by the Chicago Sun Times (March 2009) in the Top 50 Suburban Public Schools list.
- In October 2006, Ivy Hall, Kildeer Countryside, and Prairie Schools were recognized in Chicago magazine as among the Top 15 Public Schools in Lake County.
- In Chicago Magazine’s 2016 Best Public Schools issue, Country Meadows ranked #3 in the Lake County Top Ten Elementary Schools.
- All elementary schools achieved Exemplary summative designation from ISBE
- One middle school achieved Commendable summative designation and one middle school achieved Exemplary summative designation from ISBE
- KCSD 96 students perform in the 98th percentile overall (math and reading) as compared to peers across Illinois.
- 75% of students in grades 3-8 meeting or exceeding on IAR ELA assessment
- 73% of students in grades 3-8 meeting or exceeding on IAR Mathematics assessment
- 83% of students in grades 3-8 meeting or exceeding on IAR Science assessment
- In 2018, Woodlawn was recognized with the distinguished DuFour Award as the nation’s exemplary Professional Learning Community, and KCSD 96 is the only district in the nation where all schools are recognized as International Professional Learning Community model schools.
- KCSD 96 has received Financial Recognition status awarded by the Illinois State Board of Education for 14 consecutive years, and is also proud of the District’s “Aaa” bond rating.
- The diversity of the school community consists of over 56 languages represented.
- KCSD 96 currently has over 50% of childhood and kindergarten students as dual language speakers.
- KCSD 96 currently has a Two-Way Immersion Dual Language Program that started at the Kindergarten level in 2019-2020
- All students in grades K – 8 are provided with an iPad.
Student Profile (2019-2020 School Report Card):
- White: 48.7%
- Hispanic: 9%
- African American: 1.6%
- Asian: 36.3%
- American Indian: .1%
- Pacific Islander: .1%
- Two or More Races: 4.2%
- Special Education Students: 10%
- English Language Learners: 18.2%
- Students Qualifying for Free and Reduced Lunch: 5.4%
- Attendance Rate: 97%
- Total All Employees: 520
- Full-time Equivalent Certified: 305.6
- Administrators: 25
- Administrators with Master’s Degree: 23
- National Board Certified Teachers: 2
- Teachers with Master’s Degrees or higher: 206 = 67%
- Average Years Teaching Experience: N/A
- Average Teacher Salary: $70,164
- Average Administrator Salary: $133,083
Financial Information (FY19)
- FY19 Operational Expenditure per Student: $15,451
- State Average Operational Expenditure per Student: $13,764
- FY19Instructional Expenditure per Student: $9,049
- State Average Instructional Expenditure per Student: $8,172
Total Budgeted Revenue:
- Local Revenues: 90%
- State Revenues: 9%
- Federal Revenues: 1%
Total Budgeted Expenditures by Fund (or as otherwise categorized by the district) FY21 Budget:
- Education: $49,451,177
- Operations & Maintenance: $7,289,085
- Transportation: $4,530,208
- FY21 Total Budget in revenue: $55,306,137
- FY21 Total Budget in expenses: $61,360,470
- FY21 Estimated Fund Balance: $69,480,671
Union Affiliation and Contract Status:
- Kildeer Education Association (KEA) through FY2023
- Kildeer Countryside CCSD 96 Education Support Professionals Association through FY2026
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates)
- Accepting Applications Through: October 31, 2021
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: November 16, 2021
- Superintendent Named: By December 14, 2021
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2022
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.