Position Available: Superintendent
District Name: Paynesville Area Schools
District Address: 217 West Mill Street, Paynesville, MN 56362
Qualifications: Hold licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Experience as a Superintendent, district office or principal setting preferred. Demonstrate strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development, and supporting all students to be successful.
District Highlights: The district lives out its mission – “The mission of the Paynesville Area Schools is to prepare students with the academic, social and personal skills to be career, college and community ready.”
- Over 90% of the students report that teachers care about students.
- In a spring 2019 survey to the community, 84% of the parents reported that they are either very satisfied or satisfied with the schools.
- The West Central Education District oversees special education in four area districts.
- Supportive community
- Excellent facilities
- Good class sizes; student to teacher ratio is 14:1.
- Distance Learning Plan is in place
- Technology initiatives include a Parent Portal, Live Streaming and Podcasts
- A variety of computers serve students’ needs: Kindergarten: Chromebooks and I-pads; Grade 1: 1:1 I-pads; Grads 2-5: 1:1 cart-based; Secondary students participate with the Bu1:1dog Initiative with Chromebooks for each student.
- Stable financially
- Strong fund balance (about 10%)
- Construction bond recently passed
- Enrollment trends relatively stable
- Academic achievement high in most areas
- Graduation rate of 95%
- 17% of students receive special education services, 28% of students receive free or reduced lunch
Communities Served: Paynesville is located in Stearns County on Lake Koronis. It is approximately 90 miles northwest of Minneapolis, MN, and 35 miles southwest of St. Cloud MN. The population is around 2,400.
Student Population: PK through 12 – approximately 1,000
District Operating Budget: $11 million General Fund
- Early Childhood Education
- Paynesville Elementary School K-5
- Paynesville Secondary School 6-12
Union Affiliation – Education Minnesota
Teachers’ Contract Status: Settled 2019-2021
- Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
- Selected candidates taken to the Board on: June 15, 2021
- First round interviews on: June 16 & 18, 2021
- Second round interviews on: June 21, 23 & 24, 2021
- Position Begins: July 1, 2021 or ASAP
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
District Website: www.isd741.org
Apply through the website www.schoolexecconnect.com if you are interested in this position.
You will be asked to complete the online application and present a cover letter, resume, copies of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.