- Superintendent, Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205
- 162 S. York, Elmhurst, Illinois 60010
- Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 currently serves more than 8,500 students who reside primarily in the City of Elmhurst and small portions of Oak Brook, Bensenville and Addison. Approximately 90 percent of students live in Elmhurst with the remainder living outside of the City, but within the District 205 boundaries. (District boundaries are NOT contiguous with City boundaries.) At present, District 205 maintains fourteen schools (eight elementary schools, three middle schools, York Community High School, a Transition Program and the Madison Early Childhood Education Center).
- Hold or be eligible for the Illinois Superintendent’s License
- Successful and significant administrative experience, Superintendent experience preferred
Advisors Assisting the Board:
- Dr. Linda Yonke, 847-276-7263, email@example.com
- Dr. Tim Shimp, 630-327-1765, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 205 supports students in fourteen schools (eight elementary schools, three middle schools, York Community High School, a Transition Program and the Madison Early Childhood Education Center).
- The district offers several options for kindergarten, including traditional half-day; dual language; and all-day kindergarten.
- Elmhurst is a diverse community that has over 57 home languages, with the most spoken languages other than English including Spanish, Malayalam, Polish, Urdu, Greek and Arabic.
- Elmhurst currently offers three types of programs for EL/Bilingual students: Transitional Program of Instruction (TPI), Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE) and Dual Language (One-Way Immersion at Madison, Two-Way Immersion at Conrad Fischer).
- Through the REACH Program, enriched services are provided in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. REACH ELA is designed to meet the needs of students demonstrating academic strengths in literacy for Grades 3 through 8. REACH math is an accelerated math program and begins in 3rd grade for qualifying students.
- All students in grades 2-12 are provided with a Chromebook, and students in grades K and 1 have iPads.
Student Profile (2020 School Report Card):
- White: 70.4%
- Hispanic: 17.1%
- African American: 2.1%
- Asian: 6.1%
- American Indian: .2%
- Pacific Islander: .1%
- Two or More Races: 4%
Special Education Students: 14%
English Language Learners: 9.9%
Students Qualifying for Free and Reduced Lunch: 14.8%
Attendance Rate: 96.4%
High School Dropout Rate: 2%
- Total All Employees: 1139
- Full-time Equivalent Certified: 713
- Administrators: 49
- Administrators with Master’s Degree: 49
- Teachers with Master’s Degrees or higher: 64%
- Average Teacher Salary: $84,796
- Average Administrator Salary: $123,255
Financial Information (FY19)
- FY19 Operational Expenditure per Student: $14,773
- State Average Operational Expenditure per Student: $14,492
- FY19Instructional Expenditure per Student: $9,533
- State Average Instructional Expenditure per Student: $8,582
Total Budgeted Revenue:
- Local Revenues: 90.6%
- State Revenues: 6.8%
- Federal Revenues: 2.6%
Total Budgeted Expenditures by Fund (or as otherwise categorized by the district) FY21 Budget:
- Education: $113,270,935
- Operations & Maintenance: $15,998,629
- Transportation: $5,272,093
- Debt Service: $18,747,159
- Municipal Retirement/Soc. Security: $3,685,608
- Capital Projects: $33,500,000
- FY21 Total Budget in revenue: $132,677,550
- FY21 Total Budget in expenses: $138,227,265
Union Affiliation and Contract Status:
- Elmhurst Teachers Council Local 571 (AFT) through FY2021
- Elmhurst Paraprofessional and School-Related Personnel (PSRP) Council through FY2021
- Local No.73 Service Employees International Union, CTW through FY2022
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates)
- Accepting Applications Through: February 28, 2021
- Names of Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: March 15, 2021
- Superintendent Named: By April 8, 2021
- Superintendent Start: July 1, 2021
- Apply for the position through this Website if you are interested in this position.
- Please submit the required credentials through this Website.