Administrative Position Description
Title Chief Financial Officer
Reports to Superintendent
- Master’s degree in school business management, business administration or accounting
- Chief School Business Official endorsement
- Successful Experience as Chief School Business Official or equivalent
- IMRF or TRS member
- Bond required for Treasurer function
Term of Employment 12 month contract/$(salary range)
- Provide leadership in and ongoing development and improvement of the District’s financial, transportation, buildings and grounds, construction, insurance, bookstore and food service operations.
- Provide leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the District’s budget and long range financial projections.
1. Serve as the District Treasurer and provides monthly Treasurers report.
2. Manage District cash balances and investment of funds.
3. Compile the district cash flow projections.
4. District liaison for the Board Finance Committee.
5. Serve on the District Leadership Team.
6. Lead, supervise, appraise, inspect work, and evaluate the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
7. Lead, supervise, appraise, and evaluate Director of Finance.
8. Lead, supervise, appraise, inspect work, and evaluate Director of Food Services.
9. Lead, supervise, appraise, and evaluate the Director of the Bookstore.
10. Lead, supervise, appraise, and evaluate the Transportation Coordinator.
11. Lead, supervise, appraise, and evaluate the Purchasing Coordinator.
12. Lead, supervise, appraise, and evaluate the Payroll Coordinator.
13. Supervise and monitor the District Workers Compensation claims administration and loss reserves.
14. Supervise and monitor the District health and dental claims administration and loss reserves.
15. Negotiate health, dental and life insurance renewals.
16. Develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate the collection of student obligations and waiver of fees.
17. Develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate the billing and collection of non-resident tuition.
18. Prepare, present, publish, file and implement the District annual budget
19. Lead district budget retreats for the District Leadership Team (DLT) and Building Leadership Team (BLT) in preparation of the budget.
20. Prepare, present, publish and file the annual levy.
21. Prepare, present and publish the District long range financial plan, with the Superintendent, DLT and BLT.
22. Prepare, present and publish the District long range facility and construction plans, with the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
23. Work closely with BLT and human resources to develop staff cost projections and FTE estimates.
24. Manage the District annual construction plans, negotiate contracts and manage contract adherence.
25. Prepare, present and publish monthly financial reports.
26. Prepare and file the ISBE Annual Financial Report document.
27. Prepare, present and publish annual comprehensive financial report. Submit same for the ASBO Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting.
28. Analyze, monitor, and make recommendations regarding the expenditures and long term financial requirements of educational programs and operational services.
29. Negotiate and manage the District health, liability and property insurance plans
30. Assist with the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and prepare financial projections
31. Serve as the District chief negotiator for TIF agreements, and other Intergovernmental agreements
32. Attend and monitor the TIF District Joint Review Board based on Board appointment.
33. Monitor and file the annual tax exempt status of district real property.
34. Serve as the District chief negotiator for all vendor contractual agreements in excess of $5,000
35. Monitor and ensure vendor contract compliance
36. Responsible for debt service compliance
37. Actively monitor and contest PTAB. Work with other government agencies to share costs.
38. Serve as the District chief negotiator for debt issuance and refinancing
39. Supervise annual external audit
40. Responsible for monitoring fixed assets and fine art collection.
41. Responsible for the furniture and equipment committee.
42. Monitor and update furniture, equipment and vehicle replacement schedules.
43. Serve on the OPRFHS scholarship finance and scholarship committees.
44. Serve as the treasurer of the Oak Park and River Forest High School Scholarship Foundation
45. Serve as the treasurer of the John C. Swanson Scholar Fund
46. Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls to ensure safe keeping of District assets and resources
47. Monitor, interpret and implement state and federal laws regarding District finance, facility, transportation, and food service areas.
48. Serve as the District administrative liaison to external organization as assigned.
49. Serve on District Leadership Team and Administrative Student Discipline Review Committee
50. Lead the District Safety Committee
51. Develop, report, monitor and file life safety amendments and life safety decennial plan.
52. Lead the District Facility Committee with the assistance of the Director of Buildings and Grounds
53. Lead the District Finance Advisory Committee and Advisory Leadership Team Committee
54. Lead the District Wellness Committee with the assistance of the Director of Food Services
55. Lead the Oak Park and River Forest Community Taxing Bodies Business Managers’ Committee
56. Co-lead the District Insurance Committee with the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
57. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.